6 Gifts That Draw Bigger Smiles
With the festive season around the corner, it’s time to break the bank on some gifts or not. Below is a list of interesting local things around Lebanon that you can gift to your loved ones:
1. GGRIL (Green Glass Recycling Initiative Lebanon)’s Glass collection is a must have; chic, organic and recycled! My favorite is this lamp, even the base is made of re-purposed wood.
The glass production industry (like much of handcrafts in Lebanon) is disregarded, many of these people need jobs and your support to keep this fire blowing literally.
2. People still read, alot. I don’t know who said they didn’t. Beirut International Arab Book Fair 2013 – معرض بيروت الدولي للكتاب العربي is open till December 19, plenty of time to grab some new and signed releases.
3. Have you ever wondered where all the recycled bags go? They could go to “Trochet” – [you can help them raise money here, or on Facebook here and Instagram here] Read more about the project “Can Two Saudi Women Turn Used Plastic Bags Into Sellable Goods?” – Contact them for orders here at firstname.lastname@example.org — #Trochet | تروشيه#
4. Guitar lover? Check out Roadie Tuner, a digital guitar tuner ( less broken chords in the new year 😉 ). Also, the guys behind Roadie Tuner: Bassam Jalgha and Hassane Slaibi, are worth the support
5. It’s a time for giving, so maybe a present for yourself would be nice as well, the gift of drawing a smile on someone’s face and helping others in the true spirit of the festive season “Raise money for St Jude Children’s Research Hospital”
6. The past week and coming days will be harder and harder for refugees with no proper shelter and little resolution to the struggling conflict in Syria. The Z’aatari Camp, Jordan, and Camps across Lebanon are collecting donations of warm clothing, blankets and boots, to help survive this rough season.
In the UAE:
Check Flea 4 Charity for more
at American University of Beirut (AUB): http://www.aub.edu.lb/Events/Pages/EventDetails.aspx?ItemId=371