Lebanese Tourism; What it should be
Poll [The Ministry of Tourism ads for this summer will feature …] results:
Girls in skimpy cloth 26.5%
Beach Parties 17.6%
Endless green hills and nature 17.6%
Lebanese Food (mainly mezza and barbeque) at restaurant with waiter 14.7%
Jounieh Bay, view from Harissa 17.6%
None of the Above 0%
However, below is a list of things that you should enjoy in Lebanon as a tourist?
- The vast Undergound Music scene
- Check out Old Beirut photos, and check out what these place look like today
- Bookstores around every corner with unique treasures
- A detox of technology (seriously)
- Fresh Seafood in Tripoli or Tyre
- Steaming sun in Beqaa Valley
- & Wine tasting close by at Chateau Ksara vineyard
- Military tanks at corners and embassies (nothing to fear)
- Drunk tourists attempting to dance to oriental music
- Beautiful serene sunday mornings in the never-quite and over populated suburb of Beirut
- Run away from Downtown Beirut please, that’s not where the magic is ..
- take a walk a few blocks north towards Gemmayzeh on an early morning and enjoy dazzling architecture of Beirut.
- pass through Hamra at sunset and watch the street sleep on one side (Hamra Main St.) and awake on the other (Makdessi St. +)
- Go Kayaking and camping in the Assi River, Hermel
- Take back more from the Farmer’s markets across the town
- جزيرة الأرانب، طرابلس… Rabbit’s Island, Tripoli; natural reserve for turtles and marine life
- Scuba Diving
- The American University of Beirut‘s Campus establish in 1866
- Take a trip with Beirut Street Photographers for some great shots to take back home
- Enjoy the break from traffic laws and regulations [buckle up your seat belt, even though no one else does]
- Graffiti in Lebanon comes in countless forms and languages
- Walk … walk … walk, explore the corner shops and lives in the alleyways by foot [a Zawarib, Beirut by foot guide would be useful]
- Walk Beirut, “in-depth guided walking tour of Beirut”
- Learn the difference between the sounds fire-crackers, fire works and fire arms
- Attend one of UMAM D&R and Hangar‘s countless amazing cultural events!
- A barbeque trip at the river side; pick any direction in Lebanon and you are bound to find a “cafeteria” at the river bed for your BBQ supplies (although you can get your own and only rent a table)
- Shopping at Burj Al Barajneh, Souk Al Ahad (Sunday Market), and Saida’s Khan Al Saboun.
We know there are tones of more things to do, and sharing is caring, so share your activities below…